Friday, June 10, 2011

T minus five days and counting

Today was my last day of work in my hometown. So the reality of going overseas is really starting to sink in. It's crazy to think that in just 5 days I will be going forward in time about 6 hours as I fly into Vienna, Austria. It's so cool to see how everything came together for this trip. It is still so unreal to me, but I have to smile when I think of how everything fell together.
I have wanted to travel to Europe since I was in second grade. I remember telling my mom that I wanted to study french when I finally got to high school so I could go to Europe some day.
A whole lot of years and "acts of God" later I'm sitting in a marketing class at Toccoa Falls College. Heather, a representative from TWR came during a mission's week to speak about internship opportunities. There was no question in my mind as I heard her speak- I wanted to work with TWR!
I picked up a brochure and to my surprise saw an internship in Europe. It was a HR/Marketing position that lasted 8 weeks. Perfect!! But, in my mind, So so far from reality.....
I got in contact with Heather and began my application process. I picked out several internship locations and my application was sent out. Literally the NEXT DAY Europe had returned the email. They wanted ME! 
I'm not one to get overly excited....my excitement generally consists of a smile and a slight nod. But I'll be honest- I screamed. and Cried. And was beyond excited. This was definitely a God thing.
So since then (last year this time) I have been filling out papers, sending donor letters, receiving funds, and getting information for my trip. 
Now- it's almost here. I still can't believe it! 
So...the next few days are going to be a little crazy- finishing up everything and packing for the next 2 months. Thanks to my family for their support and everything they have done for me, for my friends and all those who continue to support me, and for all those who are praying for me as I go.
Please continue to pray for me as I prepare to go to Vienna. 
2 Cor. 12:9

No comments:

Post a Comment